Itâ€™s such a pleasure to be back! You may remember me from a few weeks back in Sapnaâ€™s â€œBlog We Loveâ€ series, and I am here to share a list of my favorite things to give (and receive) this holiday season.
When it comes to gift giving, I am a big believer in gifts that people would normally not buy for themselves. The holidays are a time for something special, something different and divine â€“ lovely and luxe in all ways. Here the top 5 items on my list this year:
1. Rebecca Minkoff Pouch: One of my favorite new designers, Rebecca Minkoff is always the perfect mixture between wit and whimsy. Iâ€™m obsessed with pouches this year as a replacement for wallets â€“ they are lighter, have a greater carrying capacity and double as a cute clutch for the evening. This one in particular just begs you to lay back, relax and enjoy a hot toddy.
2. Â J Crew Pave Bracelet: This blinging bracelet has been on my list for a while. Itâ€™s classic, chic and goes with absolutely everything. Layer it with a chunky menswear watch, and you are ready for the holidays. Full disclosure here â€“ I may have bought this on Black Friday!
3. West Ave Monogram Necklace â€“ I am obsessed with monograms right now â€“ rings, necklaces, bracelets, the works. This timeless piece comes in both gold and silver â€“ a great gift for friends who are newly married with new initials.
4. Tory Burch iPad Case â€“ Let me preface this one by saying that an iPad itself is a great holiday gift. But, for your already tech-savvy friends, this iPad case is made in gorgeous sleek leather in the most fabulous color. For your more adventurous friends, it also comes in leopard print.
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Wedges â€“ I am having a real wedge moment right now â€“ they are more comfortable than stilettos and give you sexy long legs! These have such a sexy shape and bold color â€“ add a simple LBD or LWD (little white dress) and you are party-prepared.
6. Celine Tote â€“ Drumroll Please! The ultimate luxury gift of the season. To say I have been lusting after this bag for a while would be an understatement. The luxe leather, strong structure and trendy tint are justâ€¦perfect.
Iâ€™m not sure about you, but I am looking forward to a holiday season filled with smiles, special moments, snow and â€“ of course â€“ tons of sparkle. Be sure to visit my blog In Pursuit of Style for more of my winter looks and loves. Cheers to 2012!
â€”Â SONIA GUPTA, IN PURSUIT OF STYLE