Traditional Â baby shower ideas are widespread and known: color themes, embarassing games, and public presentation of gifts. But if your mom-to-be loves things off the beaten path, then you might want to consider a few themes that are as fun for mom as they are for baby. Glance through our MOM IDs to find the theme tailored to your mom-to-be’s personality.
Pampered Before Pampers
Mom ID: Loves mani/pedis and relaxing with the girls
Being a mom is a demanding job, not to mention the changes to your body and never getting time for yourself. Give your favorite mom-to-be a chance to get some extra TLC before she becomes priority #2.Â Â Theme includes:
- Food: Nothing tops off a spa day like fresh juices and healthy foods like vegetables and humus. Tie the theme together with a cake that features mom-to-be and spa themed items. Â (Pics 2: Eat Your Heart Out Kitchen and Pic 3: De.Lush Bakery)
- Activity: Entertain your guests with a manicurist and a masseuse. (Pics 1 and 4)
Mom ID: Loves fashion and dressing up
Some like it haute, and if your mom-to-be is a fashionista. She might want a fashion brand themed shower. Being pregnant does not have to mean being unfashionable. Theme includes:
- Food: Fancy gourmet appetizers with virgin cosmos in sugared martini glasses.
- Gift: Fashion statement clothing for the new baby. Who doesn’t love miniature shoes?
- Activity:Â Match celebrity heads to their pregnant bodies, you can even throw mom-to-be in the mix!
Mom ID: Loves vintage and all things whimsical
When you were a little girl, did you keep your most worldly possessions in a small box or hope chest? If vintage, whimsical, and the regal of high society are up your alley, then a shabby chic baby shower might be in order. Theme includes:
- Food:Â A tea party with adorable tea cups and lots of afternoon sandwiches and deserts.
- Gift: Everyone brings a small trinket for the baby’s first hope chest.
- Game: Everyone brings in their nostalgic baby pictures, and guests have to match guests to baby pictures.
Mom ID: LovesÂ nature and can’t pass up a tarot card reading
If your mom-to-be loves mystery and magic, then tarot cards, gypsyÂ decor, and jewel tones might be in her future.Â Â Theme includes:
- Food: Traditional Gypsy foods are stews and earthy green and fruits.
- Activity: Tarot Card readingsÂ and a station to make birthstone bracelets (just get beads in every color and bracelet rope)!
- Gift: GuestsÂ can all contribute a power stone or jewelÂ Â to a sack of positive pieces for the new baby.
Paint the Future
Mom ID: Loves to go to art galleries and experience a city’s culture.
Imagine a city loft, mood lighting, interesting art displayed all around, and coolÂ Parisian loungeÂ music bouncing off the walls. If city chic describes your mom-to-be then a gallery night themed baby shower is ideal. Theme includes:
- Food: Finger foods that can be held while guests walk around andÂ contribute to the variousÂ canvases.
- Activity: Guests can contribute to largeÂ canvases that will be framed andÂ placed in the nursery.
- Favor: Send them home with tiny magnetic gallery frames!
The Next Chapter
Mom ID: Loves her book club and is addicted to her Kindle.
Does your mom-to-be hate being the center of attention? Would she rather curl up with a good book than be at say…a baby shower?Â Bring the magic of her written world to life with a literature themed baby shower. She will appreciate writing the next chapter of her life, with those closest to her. Theme includes:
- Food: What is served is not as important as how you serve it! Give the dishes unique names inspired by the mom-to-be’s favorite books.
- Gift: Instead of cards, ask guests to bring a children’s book with a personal note.
- Activity:Â Entertain wordsmiths with a baby themed game of Scategories! Things you would find in a nursery that start with B.
â€” NATASHA KHAN