The sari fabric is silk georgette(1) embroidered with a floral â€œbootiâ€ print(2) design in white silk thread. The peacock motif on the sari consists of hand embroidered resham (3) thread work in silk and nylon, sequins (4), Swarovski crystals (5), and mixed metal beads in gold and silver. The gold and dark pink â€œfeathersâ€ on the peacock are made using tissue fabric (6) which are cut and patterned to create the feather effect. A mix of crystals, sequins, beads, and gold and silver zari(7) work was used to give the peacock motif a 3d effect. The same technique was also used to give the embroidered flowers more depth and dimension. The pallav (8) is made from a net fabric(9) which was attached separately. The pink and sliver border on the sari is cotton lurex (10) brocade (11).
1. Georgette: Â sheer lightweight fabric, often made of silk or from manufactured fibers as polyester, with a crepe surface
2. â€œBootiâ€ print: Â an embossed or stitched repetitive floral motif used in Indian textile design
3. Resham: Â fine silk thread-work
4. Sequin: Â small, shiny disk shaped beads made of metal or plastic sewn onto clothing for decoration.
5. Swarovski crystals: Â precisely cut crystal beads used for various types of luxury goodsÂ and manufactured by the Swarovski company of Austria
6. Tissue fabric: a fine, lightweight sheer women fabric
7. Zari: Â a type of thread made of fine gold or silver wire used in traditional Indian and PakistaniÂ garments. This thread is woven into fabrics, primarily made of silk to create intricate patterns.
8. Pallav: Â the decorated end of a sari which is draped around the torso or left loose over the shoulder
9. Net fabric: Â a fine mesh fabric made of threads that are woven or knotted together resulting in a fabric with large open spaces between the yarns
10. Lurex: Â the brand name for a type of yarn or fabric that incorporates metallic thread
11. Brocade fabric: Â a rich silk fabric with raised patterns in gold and silver
12. Beads: Â a small decorative object made of glass, stone, metal, or similar material,typically rounded and pierced for threading together or sewing onto fabric
The blouse is made from a pink brocade fabric with a gold floral print. Gold sequins were hand stitched all over the blouse to â€œliftâ€ the gold brocade print from the blouse and give it more depth. There is also light metal beading (12) and sequins added in clusters to various sections of the blouse. Contrast gold and silver sequin detailing was added to the neckline and around the sleeves.
â€” GINA MATHEW, COUTURE RANI
Couture Rani is an online luxury boutique selling made-to-order bridal and evening wear by India’s top designers. Rather than selling one size fits all, ready-to-wear stock, Couture Rani allows shoppers to order a custom made, individually tailored piece. Similar to visiting a designer in his atelier, shoppers coming to the site can select among a variety of options to create a one of a kind piece they truly desire. Since most have to travel to India to take advantage of this service, Couture Rani provides customers this convenience in the privacy of their own home. SAPNA Readers are eligable for a 10% discount with CODE: SAPNA