Watching old Bollywood movies, we often find myself more mesmerized by the lead actress’s hair and make up than the storyline. MAU Saleha Abbasi, founder of Goddess Makeup, shared her inside tips on how to recreate the timeless look of 1960’s actresses such as Sadhana and Hema Malini.
1) Apply concealer and foundation followed by a powder to finish the base. I recommend Smashbox High Definition foundation.
2) Brush on Orgasm blush from Nars followed by their highlighter Albatross on the cheekbones.
3) Starting with the eyes, apply an eyeshadow base, such as Primer potion from Urban Decay. Apply a neutral color on the lids like Shag by Urban Decay then brush on a gold highlighter on the brow bone.
4) To achieve the vintage Bollywood look, you need to apply very thick black eyeliner. I recommend Cliniqueâ€™s cream liner. Start by applying a thin line on the inner corners and gradually thickening it as you reach towards the end and then extend curving up almost as high as your eyebrows. Rest your pinky on your cheekbone while lining to get a straight line.
5) For this look, you do not need to line your inner lids, instead apply black eyeliner on the bottom lid and also extend this line curving up. Use a smudge brush to smudge the line so it’s not so harsh.
6) You will also need long and thick false lashes to finish the eyes. Mac has nice ones. After gluing on the lashes, use a little mascara to blend the false lashes with the real ones.
7) Darken your eyebrows and add a nice arch by using Brow Tech by Smashbox.
8) Since the focus is on the eyes, the lips will be more of a nude. I recommend Honey Love by Mac. Lipgloss is optional.
9) Make sure to tease your hair a lot and make it big to get the vintage glam look!
Saleha Abbasi is one of the few elite makeup artists in the Chicago land area. She is known for creating spectacular eye makeup for her clients filled with exotic colors and designs. Founder of Goddess Makeup, her signature eye makeup makes her brides and party goers look and feel heavenly.